Vanakam and Greetings,
I would like start the ball rolling by expressing my sincere gratitude to our Malaysian Indian Youth Council (MIYC) members for giving me the privilege to lead this prestigious organization as the 7th National President of MIYC. The previous leadership have paved the path in setting an ideal foundation at the grassroots level for MIYC before the transition of MIYC to the current vibrant leadership ranging below the age of 30 in accordance to the recent amendment of the National Youth Act which define youths to be between the age of 15 to 30 years old.
MIYC holds a vision by “Our Society Our Responsibility” through which had fueled and ignited unity amongst its respective members besides setting an everlasting spark in embracing growth. As MIYC steps gracefully into its 30th year of establishment and social presence, the organization will buckle down to socioeconomic development of our youths and community as a whole. The current pandemic, Covid-19 is indeed inevitable, however we will continue to strive by setting forth new paradigms for the betterment of youths.
Upon in-depth excogitations and through acquired competencies, my presidency will be emphasizing on implementing 8 pledges which will be brought to limelight through this leadership as mentioned below:
- a.) 100 Active MIYC Branches. Aimed at establishing 100 sustainable branches throughout Malaysia.
- b.) Strengthened co-relation between State Government with MIYC Branches. Envisioned at creating a platform for respective branches to have stronger correlated relationship with their respective state governments.
- c.) Management Funds for State MIYC. Whereby fund will be allocated to respective state MIYC for management and administration purpose.
- d.) Collaboration With Government Agencies. Setting an outright platform of collaboration between MIYC and respective government agencies in conducting programs and initiatives for the development and progress of community.
- e.) Leadership Camps. In the mission of bringing back MIYC glory days by reintroducing leadership camps via multiple platforms for leaders from the grassroots level.
- f.) MIYC in State Youth Council. Our leadership will make sure that each state MIYC representative will be participating in their respective State Youth Council.
- g.) MIYC Student Club. A potential paradigm in identifying young leaders in secondary school and mold them with societal responsibilities.
- h.) Entrepreneurial Bureau. The Entrepreneur Bureau will priorities on creating pools of young entrepreneurs from our community to embark on entrepreneurial journey.
As the saying goes, “People buy into the leader before they buy into the vision”, my council is of remarkably vibrant leaders who will be unleashing their potentials at the very best in working towards sustainable development and progress of our youths. In line with that, our vision certainly resembles the excellence, innovation, honors, integrity and outstanding quality and service.
Last but least, very much fortunate to have incredible personnel onboard with me through my presidency who willingly and passionately work and contribute on enhancement our vision with their overwhelming skills and experiences. Now is the time to put our differences aside and work collectively towards attaining our goals in improving the lives of our youths.
Looking forward to work with each and everyone!
“BELIA PENCETAK NEGARA
“இளைஞர் நாட்டின் அச்சாணி”
“Sevvai Chemmal” Tuan Dhanesh Basil
Malaysian Indian Youth Council (MIYC)